Import existing data from Excel files is a Beta feature we are co-designing with our customers to assess and expand our supported data formats.
To upload an Excel file to a Dataset:
- As a moderator, navigate to the Dataset you wish to upload the data to.
- Click Add New Data Source.
- Select the Upload Excel File option.
- Click on Upload files and select the file you wish to upload.
- Someone from the Seer team will be in touch within 2 business days to confirm whether your data structure is supported and can be automatically ingested.
Main data types supported
- Aggregate data
- You can think of aggregate data as data that represents a large sample size - eg. census data around "Average number of hours worked" by the population residing in Wollongong, NSW.
- Unit record data
- This data type is commonly used in the form of survey results, where each record represents a single person or response. The Seer platform Explore tool automatically aggregates this data based on the filters you select.