Please note that modifying schema after data has been entered may result in data loss if data is entered on any affected data points.
Unsafe operations that may will result in data loss include:
- Adding/removing/renaming Variables will result in data loss as none of the entered data points for the modified Variables will match after this is done.
- Removing/renaming Categories will also result in data loss for the same reason.
Safe operations on schema that will not result in any data loss are as follows:
- changing the order of Variables or Categories
- moving Variables between rows and columns
- adding new Categories to a Variable
- adding a totals configuration for a variable that was previously set to None